Tuesday, June 7, 2011

soul food: afropolitana ~ michael kiwanuka

introducing: michael kiwanuka.


citing influences ranging from joni mitchell to bill withers, this ugandan/british vocalist has an incredibly soulful old-school voice that belies his 23 years of age. this, right here, is some truly good music. here, he performs the the first single from his upcoming EP, tell me a tale:


his EP tell me a tale (isle of white sessions) is available on itunes and amazon, now, and will be available in stores on june 13 2011.



my favorite track, thus far:


shout out to afripopmag for the heads up!

Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Dj Mistri (Ipswich Town) said...

Hi Negrita

My name is Carl Brown from a small town here in England called Ipswich Town.
I wondered if I could gain a Link Exchange with you?

I really liked your Blog. I found it informative and nicely laid out.

Please have a look at my blog site if you have th time? It is geared towards a music show which I do that is called the Electric Soul Show - www.electric-soul-show.com

The show is a music based show geared around the music genders that is - Soul music, Gospel music, HipHop music, Soulful House music, Modern day Rnb music, Funk Music, Disco music and Jazz Funk..

There are other musical aspects to the show such as the Rare Groove selection and the Listeners Top 4 selection.

I hope that you will get back to me

Carl Brown(Dj Mistri)
Ipswich Town
England
WWW.ELECTRIC-SOUL-SHOW.COM