Monday, April 3, 2006

break-ups to make-ups

Procrastination and I have been in a serious, semi-committed relationship for years, now. We were casual friends in high school, but things really got going in my first year of University. Ahh, we had some good times back then! Were now very comfortable with our relationship, very used to each other. With Procrastination, I don't have to pretend; I don't have to look cute; I can exert minimal to low effort, and everythings cool! No drama here, y'all. We just kickin it (tm Love Jones).


I have to admit that I have wandered at times, flirting with Ambition, Drive, and (ooh) Work Ethic. But those were just flings, I was gon' get right back! And I did. I am realizing though as I get older and allegedly wiser, that the relationship isn't quite what it used to be. I mean, I'm having a good time and everything, but--truth be told--I dont think I want to be in this thing for the rest of my life. I mean, I'm getting older, and I really can't continue like this. I need stability! And I've noticed that since I am currently attempting to finish my Masters in one year, I have precious little time for Procrastination. In fact, any time we spend together these days results in subsequent anxiety attacks and unproductivity (sic) of ridiculous proportions. And I can't afford that! It's holding me back, really. And while I've always known that; and while people have warned me about it time and time again (hi, mom!), I think it is finally time that I did something about this. I have to move on. It's for my own good. Plus, I've kind of had my eye on Discipline over there for a while (*winks and waves*) and I'm thinking of introducing myself.

And so, I decided to end it with Procrastination, once and for all. I tried to do it this morning, you see. Woke up at 7am and glanced over at the pretty multi-coloured study schedule I had made last night (Discipline passed by for a few minutes), but then Procrastination hit the snooze button on the alarm (it IS Sunday, after all) and we hung out all day, slept in a little, had a really good breakfast, cleaned an already clean kitchen, arranged my music collection, made countless cups of tea while studying, and then--just as I was about to go through with it, Procrastination suggested that I should write a blog entry since it appeared as though I had a lot on my mind. But, I swear, y'all, I'ma end it right after I finish this last sentence...and maybe have a cup of tea (you know, to clear my mind)ooh, I also have to do the dishes. but, right after that!

Currently reading :
The Way Forward Is with a Broken Heart By Alice Walker

Release date: 03 October, 2000
Share/Bookmark

0 comments: